SMOOVE’S ANNUAL COMMUNITY DONATION TO A NON-PROFIT OR CHARITY ORGANIZATION
This is Smoove’s new way to give back to our community. Beginning in 2016, we will select one registered non-profit or charity organization to receive a free website.
We’re looking for one special organization that is ready to receive a new custom-crafted Smoove website at no cost for design and development.
- Your organization (“you”) can be based anywhere in the world.
- You must be a legally registered non-profit or charity organization.
You must comply with our Terms of Service.
- You may or may not already have an existing website.
- We want to showcase your organization as well as possible. Therefore, we prefer that your site is relatively complex and rich with content. You should require at least five separate content areas (some may be combined on longer pages), including at least two of the following: a photo gallery; resources or articles; video; custom form; and online store integration or donation button.
- We especially encourage applications from organizations requiring a second or third language in addition to English. Additional languages must be in a western character set, and we ask that you be able to provide us with translations for all content (including relevant keywords for search engine optimization).
- We request that you assign one contact person to coordinate your needs and work with Smoove, and that you have the available time to launch your site within a six-week window.
- We ask that you be willing to showcase your site on smooveweb.com, on Smoove social media and in the monthly Smooveletter, and agree to placement of a very small graphic in the footer of your site’s pages linked back to smooveweb.com for the life of your Smoove website.
This site is offered with the same inclusions offered to a paid Smoove Pro Website customer.
- The following items are not included: stock images or illustrations, logo design, flash, 3D or parallax animations, photography, illustration, or custom programming. In the case of a photo gallery, resource centre or online store, we will include a reasonable number of items for launch, and you are welcome to add additional items post-launch using the CMS (Content Management System).
- If you use third party providers for items such as online chat software or support ticketing, the third party may charge a fee for services that is not included in this offer.
- The third party store integrations such as Shopify or Ecwid may charge a fee, which is not included in this offer.
- For a donation button, you may use any secure payment gateway you wish (examples include Stripe and PayPal). Payment gateways charge a fee and percentage per transaction that is not included in this offer.
- Any anticipated additional costs will be discussed prior to implementation. Our goal, as it is with all Smoove customers, is to keep your one-time and recurring costs as low as possible.
- Advanced cloud hosting and access to the content manager is included free of charge for the first year. In addition, three hours of design/support services per year for one year are included.
Subsequently, hosting will be billed at a reduced rate of only $100 per year. If you require post-launch design or structural changes to your site (for example, to add pages to your navigation menu, change the overall look or add functionality) that exceed the hours offered per year, these services will be billed at $95/hour (less Smoove’s usual 10% charity/non-profit discount).
SITE DEVELOPMENT PROCESS
Once awarded, we will be in contact to arrange a mutually-convenient time for our first consultation meeting via telephone. During that initial meeting, we’ll talk about your organization, your objectives, your brand and your style preferences. For homework, we’ll be interested in understanding your target audience, how you wish to differentiate yourself from your competition, what sites you’ve seen that you admire, and of course what functionality and content your site should have. We will also want to know which areas of your site you wish to be able to change by yourself.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested in Applying? Please send a short message using the form on the Contact Us page expressing your interest in applying for Smoove’s Community Website Program. We will send you the application instructions by return e-mail. This competition closes February 29, 2016.